Third Year Thoughts
As the 2012-2013 school year approaches, I yet again have decided to pass on some wisdom to the incoming First Years. First of all, some of you may actually see me on move-in day because I’m going to be wearing of those bright neon shirts this year. Yes, that’s right, in order to beat the rush I decided to be a greeter this year, and I can’t wait! I’m so excited to meet the class of 2016. Second of all, here are a few bits of wisdom for you guys.
- Ask questions. Lots of questions.
- Go to the activities fair. It’s the best time to get free stuff and meet some new people.
- Make friends with your roommate. Even if they don’t seem like the coolest person, it’ll be very awkward living with them and not being able to talk to them.
- Buy your books online if you can. It’ll save you money.
- If you live in Old Dorms, bring a few window fans….and shower flip flops.
- Bring food other than Ramen and Easy Mac. You will get bored of it quickly.
- Don’t be worried if you feel sick to your stomach the night before classes start. This is normal.
- Decorate your walls. Blank white walls are just depressing.
- Wake up early on your first day of classes. Setting a good impression by being on time or even early is important.
- When in doubt, quote TJ.